Student Transportation Services of Central Ontario’s website is maintained as a public service to our school community and all external web users in order to provide direct access to transportation information. STSCO reserves the right to change or modify its terms, conditions, and notices under which use of the website is offered. STSCO does not guarantee that the website is accurate or free from error and does not accept any liability for your use of the website. Any person who acts or refrains from acting because of information posted on this website (or our affiliated school and partner websites) does so at their own risk and in so acting, the person releases STSCO from any resulting liability. STSCO respects the privacy of its web visitors through the use of privacy policies and procedures that work to protect the confidentiality of any personal identifiable information. The content on this website is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act and all applicable federal and provincial statutes. Any reproduction or commercial use of the content is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Student Transportation Services of Central Ontario.
Accessibility and our Website
Our website adheres to Ontario Ministry standards for accessibility by ensuring that users can read all of the textual information with ease. You can increase the font size of the text by using the grey text icon on the right side of the screen. You can also translate all of our webpages into any language by using the Translate function at the top of each page. Please be aware that this is a machine translation to provide a basic understanding of our web content. It is a literal translation and certain words may not translate accurately.
How is your information shared?
STSCO will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. However, we may use the following sales and marketing products for web analytics, social media marketing, and other services:
- Facebook Ads: STSCO uses the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc on our website. These pixels allow user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This redirection enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e., we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook. Based on our knowledge of the situation, we wanted to ensure that you are aware of these practices. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy.
- Advertisement on Facebook: You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes. When you visit our Facebook Pages, which we use to represent our company or individual products or services, some of your data will be processed. Further information about the processing of personal data by Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- Processing of Page Insights: Facebook provides us with anonymized statistics and insights for our Facebook page, which helps us to understand the types of actions that people take on our Page (so-called “Page Insights”). These Page Insights are created based on specific information about you when you have visited our page. This processing of personal data is carried out by Facebook and by us as joint controllers. The processing serves our legitimate interest to evaluate the types of actions being taken on our page and to improve our page based on these findings. We are in no case able to assign the information obtained via Page Insights to a specific Facebook profile using the “Like” data for our page.
- Processing of data that is provided to us via our Facebook pages: We also process data that you make available to us via our Facebook Pages. Such information might be your Facebook user name, contact details or a communication to us. We only process this personal data if we have previously expressly asked you to share this data with us, for example, as part of a survey. This processing will be done by us as the sole data controller.
- Google AdWords: If you reach the site via an advertisement sent by Google, Google AdWords sets a cookie on your computer. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages on the site and the cookie has not expired, Google and we may recognize that you clicked on the ad and were redirected to this page. Google is a U.S. company that uses servers in the United States. For additional information on Google AdWorks, please follow the provided Google Adworks Private Policy
Google AdWorks Private Policy.
- Google Analytics uses its cookies to evaluate Site usage and compile Site activity reports anonymously.
- Google Optimize allows Transparent to anonymously test variants of the user interface to improve the site over time.
- Google Tag Manager collects no information directly but instead allows Transparent to quickly deploy changes to scripts and other aspects of the site in real-time, without interrupting service.
- WordPress: We may use WordPress to power our blogs. WordPress may collect the name, email address, and IP address of users who voluntarily choose to comment on our blog articles. WordPress is a U.S. company. For additional information, please follow WordPress Private Policy link.
Should you require assistance navigating this website or accessing any information, please call us at 705-748-5500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.